The Callaway Plantation is an open-air museum featuring several historic houses and other structures that is located in Washington, Georgia, U.S.A. The site was formerly a working plantation, owned by a family named Callaway since at least 1785. In its heyday, the plantation was 3,000 acres (12 km) in size. The museum site is a 56-acre (230,000 m2) area containing the main houses that was donated by the family to the city of Washington in the 1980s. Additional buildings were moved to the site to represent typical plantation buildings. The museum is operated by the Washington-Wilkes Historical Foundation.